Friday, July 1, 2011

Off the Deep End

For a person who frequently jumps into action without a second thought, I can find myself taking an awfully long time to make the most simple decision. For example, it was easily five years ago --or more-- that a number of friends (but most notably, Jim Chadwick) suggested that I should start a blog. Of course, that was at a time when everyone and their cat was blogging, with most of the interesting commentary being made by cats. Thankfully, my cats never got the hang of using the internet, so I don't have to compete with those chatty little critters.

So, now that the playing field has been cleared, leaving political extremists, dispensers of helpful hints, and single folks with too much time on their hands, I finally decide to bash away at the keys. It'll be interesting to see how it goes--I'd love to make grandiose promises, but I prefer to lower expectations and then surprise readers. I'd love to have you along for the ride, metaphorically speaking...which is probably preferable to actually surviving my driving. (But that's another story...)

No comments:

Post a Comment